Answers for September’s Time Out riddles are:
- It is a 5 letter word if you take away the first letter it is something you get from the sun if you remove the second letter you will get something to eat, if you remove the third letter you get a word you use in pointing at and if you remove the fourth letter you get something to drink. What is it?
2. Can a man legally marry his widow’s sister in the state of VIC?
A: NO since she is a ‘widow’, the man’s dead!
3. You live in a one-story house made entirely of redwood. What colour would the stairs be?
A: What stairs? You live in a one-story house.
4. Mr. and Mrs. Mustard have six daughters and each daughter has one brother. How many people are in the Mustard family?
A: There are nine Mustards in the family. Since each daughter shares the same brother, there are six girls, one boy, and Mr. and Mrs. Mustard.
5. What has six faces, but does not wear makeup, has twenty-one eyes, but cannot see? What is it?
6. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him underwater for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?
A: The woman was a photographer. She shot a picture of her husband, developed it, and hung it up to dry.
Hope this little break has left you refreshed and ready to take on the rest of the day!