The Ultimate Drive-Thru Timing System, combining all of Summit’s innovative technologies.
Summit Innovations drive-thru timers have pioneered the QSR industry, delivering unparalleled technical leadership, features, functionality and accuracy.
The Summit Drive-Thru Timing System utilises all of our leading technologies to deliver a comprehensive drive-thru management and reporting system, delivering unparalleled performance, dynamic functions and mobile reporting.
The Summit timer is a multi-sensory solution, engaging the crew and management with the following features.
Summit Timer Features
This technology displays an actual depiction of the drive-thru in real time and can be set to any drive-thru layout and configuration including single lane, tandem and dual lane.
Real-time data detailing your QSR’s performance
The system provides real-time drive-thru performance data including how long cars are at each point, waiting bay times and average service speed, providing tools for improved operations. This information can be viewed within the restaurant or remotely via a range of devices including your smartphone, tablet, smartwatch or computer.
There is also an option for the QSR’s performance to be displayed in an owner or brand-wide dynamic ranking system, which allows stores of a common brand to compete with one another to improve rank and at the same time, speed of service.
Compatible with single lane, Y merge, wait bays and more
Summit’s timer technology is fully scalable and can accommodate any drive-thru layout, from a single lane 2 loop system, through to dual-lane/Y-merge, with up to 12 loops measuring the drive-thru, as well as waiting bays, pre-warning loops and more with unparalleled accuracy.
Support and troubleshooting when you need it
Summit’s proprietary remote support and loop interrogation capabilities mean that if there’s an issue, one of our trained technicians can often remotely access the timer, watch it live and make necessary adjustments and read and adjust the sensitivity of the loops. This alleviates the need for a technician to be sent every time an issue arises, resulting in faster resolution time and reduced cost of ownership.
When there is a need for on-site service, the technician will already know what the issue is and how they are going to resolve it, reducing on-site time and disruption of operations or store opening preparations.
A comprehensive drive-thru system
The complete Drive-Thru Timing System Summit includes:
- Real-Time In-Store Timer Screen
- Summit National Ranking
- Head Office National Reporting
- Customer Order Display (COD)
- Summit Panorama
- Remote Comprehensive Reporting
- Summit Production Quality Management System
- USB Detector Loop Management
- Restaurant Performance Monitor (RPM)
- Summit STIQUI Timer
Want to Know More?
- How the Drive-Thru Timing System works
Every vehicle that enters the drive-thru is individually displayed and timed at each point or loop in the drive-thru lane, including waiting bays.
This vital information is displayed on the LCD monitor or monitors. Each specific monitor installed may be individually configured to include display times such as ‘current’ and ‘average’ times, as well as the store’s service goals.
Store goals are indicated through colour, percentages and audio tones. They are designed to expedite the decision-making process.
Information on the screen is colour coded. For example, green indicates the performance is within average time, yellow indicates potential Speed of Service (SOS) time issues and red identifies times exceeding your QSR’s service goals. Waiting bay information can be assigned to a separate screen, which can be located anywhere within the store to improve operational speed.
If a vehicle exceeds its specified time, an alert tone is triggered and the image of the car changes colour from green to orange as a warning, and red once it exceeds target times, to alert crew members as it moves along the drive-thru lane. Staff will instantly be made aware of the problem, moving their focus to improve the drive-thru operation and condition.
Through the use of colour, movement and audio, the system appeals to the senses of shift managers and crew, to create an environment for operational excellence. Alongside this advanced Drive-Thru Timing System is the Summit Dynamic ranking system.
This system displays live, as-it-happens results for other drive-thru operations, allowing you to see how other restaurants are performing and creating a healthy environment of competition. This is revolutionising drive-thru operations and culture. Restaurant teams compete to be on the top of the dynamic ranking screen, driving operational improvement and service speed.
- Drive-Thru Timing System features
The Drive-Thru Timing System offers an innovative combination of world class features, including:
- The timer data and ranking are all presented live and in real time
- All drive-thru types catered for – single, tandem and dual-lane – with unparalleled accuracy (especially in
- Y-merge deployments) and tamper proof security to avoid staff “gaming” the system
- Push alerts provide actionable insights to key stakeholders of missed KPIs or other important information
- Extensive cloud reporting and data analytics via Summit Panorama (requires standard Summit restaurant level subscription)
- Ability to run various competitions such as day part winners or most improved restaurant over ‘X’ weeks
- Drive-thru is shown to scale, providing an exact replica and greater visualisation of drive-thru status assisting with shift management
- Audible alerts engage crew and shift managers and provide real time feedback when KPIs are not achieved
- Timer and ranking are standard – there is no additional hardware or software required
- Proprietary loop adjustment and analysis tools give Summit service teams the ability to quickly analyse and in many cases resolve issues remotely. This leads to a reduced total cost of ownership and limit downtime if there is an issue with a faulty loop