Senior Software Engineer – Java / C++
Unique Technology at Braeside (26kms south-east of Melbourne)
Summit Innovations is the world leader in drive-thru timing timing systems for Quick Service Restaurants QSR’s. We’re recruiting a Senior Software Engineer to help design and develop new features for our drive-thru management systems.
The Senior Software Engineer must be highly proficient with current software development technology, tools, and practices, and have expert-level capabilities in C++ and Java / Spring Boot.
- Work with your team and others, contributing to the architecture, design, and implementation of world class, high-performance, enterprise grade server applications. Initial development will be primarily C++, Java / Spring Boot, Python, and Angular
- Provide work estimates and conduct design, implementation, and code reviews
- Author high-quality, unit-tested code
- Work with the quality team to ensure adequate and appropriate test case coverage
- Evaluate business requirements to determine potential solutions
- Coach and assist team members in technical and process areas
- Provide technical leadership to all lifecycle stages including requirements analysis, architecture/technical specifications, software design and implementation
- Drive process improvements within the software development team and the Business Unit
- Mentor less experienced developers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited institution.
- 6+ years of experience in the software industry
- 2+ years of experience developing enterprise grade, highly scalable, web-based applications and/or distributed systems
- Professional experience with modern C++ and Java / Spring Boot
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS
- Legally authorized to work in Australia without company sponsorship
- Vaccinated for Covid (this is a food, health and safety requirement)
- Willing and able to work in head office at Braeside min 3 days per week
- Experience developing highly scalable data-driven, near real-time applications
- Experience developing container-based applications
- Experience with computer vision, deep learning, and artificial intelligence
- Experience with SQL databases such as SQL Server
- Experience with Python
- Experience with dynamic web application frameworks such as Angular
Excited? Apply now!